Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wrist Fusion -physical therapy progress 3/5/13

2 physical therapy sessions and a lot of home exercises have improved my supination, grip, and flexion. My fingers still get really stiff, but I'm making progress. Still can't hold my coffee cup for any period of time, but getting there.

The therapist gave me purple putty to work on strengthening my fingers. I am also using an exercise band and weight to help my supination. I wrap the band around my wrist and tie a 1lb. weight (can of beans at home) on the band and let it pull on my arm for 15 minutes. It hurts like crazy. This week we added heat with the stretch. I also use my left hand to force my surgery hand into the supination position throughout the day. As you can see from the photo, I have improved my supination greatly.

I have a PT appointment tomorrow. We'll see if she has any other torturous moves for me. I've decided I am in the wrong career after going to PT. I could be getting paid to inflict pain on people and they keep coming back. I am considering making this my last appointment. I feel like I'm making good progress and can do all the therapy on my own time. We will see what she has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment